Seaweed products have long been renowned with preventing shock when transplanting plants. In addition it is a proven performer for the germination of seeds.
It is thought that Seaweed also helps to improve the thickness of plant cell walls, perhaps this is why it is so useful in protecting plants during and after transplant. The result in Seaweed treated plants is a higher resistance to pest and disease attack and most profoundly in the winter months an improved resistance to Frost.
To assist your plants to be more frost hardy, we recommend that you treat both before expected frost and post frost blanketing.
For immediate absorption, liquid products like Searles Seamax are effective.
- Contains 100% pure organic seaweed (kelp).
- An excellent soil conditioner & plant tonic.
- Stimulates root development.
- BFA Certified fully organic to recognised worldwide organic standards.
- Contains 60+ naturally occurring elements including vitamins, minerals, alginates, plant growth hormones, amino acids, gibberellins, cytokinins, auxins, phenolic compounds and proteins, promoting healthy growth.
- Stimulates plants roots to exude sugars, which activate microbial interactions to make soil nutrients more available.
- Increases fruit and vegetable yields.
Suitable for vegetables, fruits, flowering plants, indoor plants, ferns, orchids, roses, lawns etc.
- Available sizes: 1 litre, 5 litres, 25 litres and 200 litres.
For more information on Winter proofing your plants and orchards talk with our friendly team.
© Coffs Harbour Produce. All Rights reserved, no part of this article is to be reproduced without consent.